PreK – 8th Grade
Students and parents may choose clothing that is appropriate for school. Pulaski Spirit Wear is encouraged and can be worn on any day of the week. During the winter, please dress children appropriately for the weather and outdoor time during the school day.
PE Attire: On days that students attend PE, students must wear rubber-soled athletic shoes.
Pulaski School Clothing Dress Code Guidelines for ALL students
Pulaski IB World students are growing and continuing to develop self-discipline and personal responsibility as global citizens. As they learn about their place in the world, Pulaski strives to give our students opportunities to make good choices and grow in their personal responsibilities. Giving our students their own choices for appropriate school clothing allows them to begin making these decisions while still supported by their home and school community. Please take this opportunity to talk with your child(ren) about this new responsibility and about making good choices.
- Clothing must cover areas from one armpit across to the other armpit, down to approximately 3 to 4 inches in length on the upper thighs (see image below). Tops must have shoulder straps. Rips or tears in clothing should be lower than the 3 to 4 inches in length.
- Shoes must be worn at all times and should be safe for the school environment (bedroom shoes or slippers and flip-flops shall not be worn, except for school activities approved by the principal).
- See-through or mesh garments must not be worn without appropriate coverage underneath that meets the minimum requirements of the dress code.
- Headgear, including hats, hoodies and caps are not allowed unless permitted for religious, medical or other reason by school administration.
- Clothing may not depict, imply, advertise or advocate illegal, violent, or lewd conduct, weapons or the use of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or other controlled substances.
- Clothing may not depict or imply pornography, nudity or sexual acts.
- Clothing may not display or imply vulgar, discriminatory or obscene language or images.
- Clothing may not state, imply or depict hate speech/imagery targeting groups based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation or any other protected classification.
- Sunglasses may not be worn inside the building.
- Clothing and accessories that endanger student or staff safety may not be worn.
- Apparel, jewelry, accessories, tattoos, or manner of grooming that, by virtue of its color, arrangement, trademark, or any other attribute, denotes membership in a gang that advocated illegal or disruptive behavior is prohibited.
The administration reserves the right to determine what constitutes appropriate dress. Students who do not adhere to these guidelines will not be allowed to attend class. Parents will be called if appropriate clothing is not available or the student refuses dress-code appropriate clothing.
View current projects and donate to Donors Choose.
- LSC Election Announcement / Anuncio de las elecciones del LSC
- Classes are Canceled on Jan 11, 2022. Limited In-Person Activities Available / Las clases están canceladas el 11 de enero de 2022. Actividades limitadas en persona disponibles
- Classes are canceled for Pulaski School students on Monday Jan 10, 2022 / Las clases se cancelan para los estudiantes de Pulaski en lunes 10 de enero de 2022
- Independent Projects for Prek-8th Grade in English and Spanish / Proyectos independientes para los grados preescolar a octavo en inglés y español
- A Message from Principal Racasi on 1-6-22 / Un mensaje de Principal Racasi 1-6-22